Hands up if you love a good salad! Forget sad lettuce leaves topped with store bought dressing — I’m talking hearty bowls of mouth-watering veggie goodness! Today I’m sharing this tasty meal which I whipped up for dinner in under 20 minutes, all while wearing my baby in a wrap while she napped. So ya, it’s pretty darn easy to make.
And Bonus: it’s vegan! Which has been so so good for my body in the past. Mid-Pregnancy I started craving cheese like nobodies business, so my vegan-eating ways were temporarily suspended. Since my daughter’s birth, I’ve been rediscovering how amazing I feel when I cut out meat and dairy.
Quick meals like this are making my return to plant-based eating a lot easier. We also receive a bi-monthly delivery of organic vegetables from Fresh City Farms, so we’re never without tasty ingredients! This recipe uses Fresh City Farms grape tomatoes, red radishes, and buckwheat sprouts — Yum.
The Lemon Tahini Dressing below is by Oh She Glows. I use it all the time, and it never fails to make our salads, buddha bowls, and roasted veggies sing!
Quinoa Salad Bowl
Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, no bake/raw, refined sugar-free, soy-free
- 1½ cups quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (about 30)
- 540 ml can of chickpeas
- 5 small radishes
- 2 cups sprouts (I used buckwheat)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 large garlic clove
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 Tbs water
- ¼ tsp fine-grain salt
- Add quinoa and 3 cups of water to a pot and bring to a boil. Turn down to low heat and simmer for approx. 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, cut the grape tomatoes in half and finely slice the radishes
- Open the can of chickpeas (I actually struggles with this one while wearing baby in the wrap!)
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic into fine pieces. Add remaining dressing ingredients and process until smooth
- Assemble your salad starting with the quinoa, then add the rest of the prepared veggies. Top with dressing, sesame seeds, salt and pepper