Happy New Year friends! I’ve been a little MIA on the blog since the holidays; juggling serious food baby (+ my actual baby) has had me wearing pyjamas round-the-clock. Indeed, my most recent cause for celebration was the shear miracle of making it out of the house in this winter weather, babe in tow.
And although I’ve been feeling like the quintessential ‘zombie mom’ — what with Eva’s new habit of waking every hour through the night — I’m resolved to buck-up and treat myself well in small ways everyday.
Enter this super quick and totally delicious snack! Paired with a tall glass of water, you’ll be fuelled for hours, which also makes this recipe good for breakfast!
Sunflower Seed Buttered Toast with Banana
Vegan, nut-free, no bake/raw, soy-free
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 2 Tbs sunflower seed butter
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp 100% maple syrup
- 1 tsp hemp hearts
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Toast your bread to desired level of toasty-ness
- Using a knife, spread the sunflower seed butter onto your toast. Other butters, such as peanut or almond also work great for this recipe!
- Thinly slice the banana and cover the sunflower seed butter
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the banana slices
- Top with hemp hearts and cinnamon. Enjoy!